LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL K. KIM
4103 Chain Bridge Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
703-940-3800 ext. 201
Not Guilty: Car Accident and Charged with Improper Lane Change
I’d just like to say how grateful I am for Daniel Kim’s representation of me today. Being that this was my first time in that arena I cannot say how out of place and uncomfortable I was. I truly could not have made it without him. His professional demeanor and skill in the court room was superb. He reassured me that he would take care of everything. He told me that he would fight for me and he did. His mastery during the proceedings were critical to him winning the case. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of his services.
Source: Google Review
Car Accident and Charged with Reckless Driving
Attorney Kim is awesome. I was in a terrible accident and knew that I needed an attorney to help fight a reckless driving ticket. I didn’t know any lawyers so I searched on Google and found this gem. In hindsight, I genuinely think calling Atty Kim was the best decision I made in 2018.
What struck me about him was his professionalism and passion. He obviously enjoys and is phenomenal at what he does. I would highly recommend his services if you are in need of a great lawyer.
Source: Google Review
Multi Car Accident Representation
I was going to start this review off with a bit of a background story, but if you’re looking for the punch line it’s that Kim is an amazing lawyer and an honest man. As a recent college graduate with fairly limited economic means I was lucky to have him as representation. If you actually get a chance to learn how he got into the business of law you’ll quickly piece together that he does not have to do this for a living… In fact his previous profession could have allowed him to retire quite comfortably a long time ago. After learning that it became very obvious to me that Kim was not practicing law for the money, he was in it for the sake of the game itself (he enjoys the problem solving the work presents him). If you could ask me what I would want in a lawyer, employee, advisor, etc. it would be that quality for obvious reasons …
Source: Google Review
Did a Great job. And got a great result from my case.
4 Points Traffic Ticket Reduced to 0 Point
My mom got a ticket for a lane violation few month ago And she received “4”penalty points with her violation lane But he helps prevent the penalty points for mom Also she got rid of the bad records “0” And DMV record too He helps us in many ways Thank you sooo much~~^^
Source: Google Review
김기희 변호사 (DANIEL K. KIM)
Daniel K. Kim / 김기희 변호사 is a Korean-American Attorney with an extensive experience in the intersection of law, business and technology. Daniel is native of Seoul, Korea and attended Gangnam Middle School before his immigration to the United States. Daniel is a veteran of over 30 years of successful litigation and corporate advisory consulting career, serving as a trusted adviser to over 50 Fortune 500 companies, five of the top 50 U.S. banks, and 25 Am Law 100 firms providing multidisciplinary solutions to help clients navigate through complex problems during their most critical and stressful times.
- Accepted by the FTC as an expert and served as a testifying witness in a high profile Federal Trade Commission prosecution of international “Scareware” marketers. The case involved more than $163 millions in an agreed settlement.
- Served as a principal expert in an international software firm’s $200 million lawsuit against a competitor for misappropriation of intellectual property. Alleged causes of action included copyright infringement, misappropriation of a trade secret, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment/restitution.
- Served as a lead investigator and PCI-DSS expert on multiple mega scale PCI data-breach investigations and resulting litigations.
- Served as a global application security program manager for one of the largest global banking firm providing due-diligence and risk assurance for over 3,000 plus web and mobile financial applications.
- Served as a national cybersecurity and cyber forensic practice director for a major global electronic evidence consulting firm.
- Assigned by IBM to perform special high profile projects at IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center. There, Daniel performed speech recognition technology integration proof-of-concept for one of the largest package delivery company. Successfully completed build, integration, and demonstration of the system under a tight deadline.
- Served as a large enterprise systems and complex data forensic consultant for the top two largest multi-billion dollar Wall Street investment Ponzi scheme and securities fraud cases.
- Fisher Law Firm, P.C. – Managing Attorney
- Citigroup, Inc. – Vice President, Global Application Security Program Manager of over 3,000+ web and mobile applications portfolio. Web, Mobile, Cloud Software Security Program Management, Software Security Design Review, Application Security Assessment / Testing, Web, Cloud, Mobile Software Security Strategy, Architectural Risk Analysis (ARA), Threat Modeling
- Defense Group Inc. – Managing Director, Cyber Expert Consulting
- FTI Consulting, Inc. – National Practice Director, Cyber Forensic – Electronic Evidence Consulting, Expert Witness Service in Digital Forensic, Copyrights, AFC analysis, Enterprise Risk Management Consulting, PCI QSA, PA-QSA, PCI-DSS Compliance Consulting, Data Breach Incident Response, Cyber Security / Data Privacy
- TruSecure / Cybertrust, Inc. (Acquired by Verizon) – Principal Consultant – Ethical Hacking, Enterprise Risk Management, threat modeling, vulnerability assessment, penetration test, application security review
- Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. – Global Account Systems Engineer, Advanced Threat Prevention, Cloud, Mobile, and Software Defined Platform/Infrastructure Risk Management Strategy. Named Account SE for Global Top-10 Banks, Named Account SE for Global Top-10 Managed Security Service Providers, Next Generation Solution Provider for Mobile, Cloud, Application, Web, and DDoS Risk Mitigation, Security Orchestration / Security Management Automation via Check Point R80 API / RESTful API Web Service programming (BASH and PHP scripting)
- Capital One Financial Corporation – Senior Unix Administrator / Senior Security Engineer
- IBM – Advisory UNIX / Network / Firewall Specialist
- Constantine Cannon LLP – Law Clerk
- Office of the Public Defender – Law Clerk
- Criminal Defense, Traffic, DUI/DWI
- Privacy & Data Security
- Internet Law
- Cyber Breach Investigation & Digital Forensic
- Electronic Discovery / Electronic Evidence Consulting
- Intellectual Property, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition
- The Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Elon University School of Law – J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – B.S., Information Systems
- 서울 강남중학교 – Seoul, Korea
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (VACDL)
- The International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL) / 세계 한인 변호사회
- PCI Network – Founder and promoter
- PCI SSC – Former PCI Security Standards Council’s PCI QSA and PA-QSA (2005 to 2010)
- (ISC)² – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)