Daniel Kim is an Attorney with extensive experience in the intersection of law, business and technology. Before his focus on traffic and criminal defense law practice , Daniel has built over 25 years of successful litigation and corporate advisory consulting career track record serving as a trusted adviser to over 50 Fortune 500 companies, five of the top 50 U.S. banks, and 25 Am Law 100 clients providing multidisciplinary solutions to help clients navigate through complex problems during their most critical and stressful times. Born in Seoul, Korea, Daniel Kim moved to the United States in 1970’s. He read,writes, and speaks fluent Korean and is a passionate advocate for his client.
- Served as an expert and testifying witness in a high profile Federal Trade Commission prosecution of international “Scareware” marketer.
- Served as a principal expert in an international software firm’s $200 million lawsuit against a competitor for misappropriation of intellectual property. Alleged causes of action included copyright infringement, misappropriation of a trade secret, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment/restitution.
- Served as a lead investigator and PCI-DSS expert on multiple news headline PCI data-breach investigations and resulting litigations.
- Served as a global application security program manager for one of the largest global banking firm providing due-diligence and risk assurance for over 3,000 plus web and mobile financial applications.
- Served as a national cybersecurity and cyber forensic practice director for a major global electronic evidence consulting firm.
- Assigned by IBM to perform special high profile projects at IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center. There, Daniel performed speech recognition technology integration proof-of-concept for one of the largest package delivery company. Successfully completed build, integration, and demonstration of the system under a tight deadline.
- Served as a large enterprise systems and complex data forensic consultant for the top two largest multi-billion dollar Wall Street investment Ponzi scheme and securities fraud cases.
- Fisher Law Firm, P.C. – Managing Attorney
- Citigroup, Inc. – Vice President
- Defense Group Inc. – Managing Director, Cyber Expert Consulting
- FTI Consulting, Inc. – National Practice Director, Cyber Forensic
- TruSecure / Cybertrust, Inc. (Acquired by Verizon) – Principal Consultant
- Check Point Software Technologies, Inc. – Global Account Systems Engineer
- Capital One Financial Corporation – Senior Unix Administrator / Senior Security Engineer
- IBM – Advisory UNIX / Network / Firewall Specialist
- BEST Products, Inc. – Senior Systems Programmer / UNIX Administrator
- McKesson Medical-Surgical (formerly General Medical Corporation) – Computer Programmer
- Constantine Cannon LLP – Law Clerk
- Office of the Public Defender – Law Clerk
- Traffic, DUI/DWI, and Criminal Defense
- Privacy & Data Security
- Internet Law
- Cyber Breach Investigation & Digital Forensic
- Electronic Discovery / Electronic Evidence Consulting
- Intellectual Property, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secrets & Unfair Competition
- The Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Elon University School of Law – J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University – B.S., Information Systems
- 서울 강남 중학교 – Seoul, Korea
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (VACDL)
- The International Association of Korean Lawyers (IAKL) / 세계 한인 변호사회
- PCI Network – Founder and promoter
- PCI SSC – Former PCI Security Standards Council’s PCI QSA and PA-QSA (2005 to 2010)
- (ISC)² – Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) – Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
법적부인 성명 / DISCLAIMER: 저희 김기희 변호사 법률 사무소 (법무법인 KIMLAW, PLLC) 웹사이트 에서 제공되는 정보는 법적 조언이 아닙니다. 이 웹사이트는 오직 정보제공의 목적으로만 유지하고 있습니다 본사이트를 방문하거나, 정보를 이용하거나 또는 김기희 변호사 법률 사무소와 이 사이트를 통해 인터넷 전자 메일로 연락하는 것은 귀하와 김기희 변호사 법률 사무소 간의 변호사-고객 관계를 형성하지 않습니다. 저희는 변호사-고객 관계가 없는 분과는 개인정보를 비밀로 유지할 의무가 없습니다. 그러므로 귀하가 저희와의 변호사 선임 관계 확인하는 서면 계약서를 가지고 있지 않으면 저희와 변호사-고객 관계가 없으므로 절대로 김기희 변호사 법률 사무소에 기밀 정보, 현재 또는 잠재적 법적 문제에 관한 어떠한 정보를 보내서는 안 됩니다. 감사합니다.
저희 법무법인 KIMLAW, PLLC 로펌은 바로 페어팩스 법원 단지 앞편리한 위치에 있습니다 (1분 거리입니다). 저희 사무실 뒤에는 넓고 많은 무료 주차장이 있습니다. The University Drive 쪽 주차장 입구로 들어오십시오.
법적부인 성명 / DISCLAIMER: 저희 김기희 변호사 법률 사무소 (법무법인 KIMLAW, PLLC) 웹사이트 에서 제공되는 정보는 법적 조언이 아닙니다. 이 웹 사이트는 오직 정보 제공의 목적으로 만 유지합니다.
법무법인 KIMLAW, PLLC (Fairfax)
4103 Chain Bridge Road
Suite 103 (Public Defender Bldg)
Fairfax, VA 22030
주차장 입구 GPS 38.8430091,-77.306647
Copyright © 2014–2018, KIMLAW, PLLC. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this website material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to KIMLAW, PLLC with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Korean speaking attorney available.